Friday, June 8, 2018

So long, Tony!

Parts Unknown has always been our, my mom and I, favorite TV show. Forever will be. Not to forget, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, the first time I knew Tony, a legend.

Source: Pinterest

I always wanted to meet him someday, but my heart broke into pieces when all the breaking news today said Anthony Bourdain has died. Tragically, the cause of death was suicide. I can't even say a word.

He showed me how to celebrate life by celebrating cultures. He was so open to new experiences and just very honest. A rare and unique food junkie within him, also a humanist. He helped me expand my palates by his series and it grieves me now to know that he had suffered.

I once saw an episode of him being interviewed and how he was looking damn fine while talking about the love for his daughter, a grand kinda love. He was so pure and lovely dad, I know that for sure. A look from his eyes couldn't lie.


Source: Twitter

People might remember him for the "Your body is not a temple. It is an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.", but I remember him for the "You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together." He reminded us that nothing more human and intimate than sitting down to a meal with others.

You'll forever be my inspiration, Tony. So long, Chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment