Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fantasy Sweethearts

Hola!

Last Monday, I finally make a time to go to a solo exhibition by Melissa Sunjaya, it's Bio Fantasy: A Tribute to Chairil Anwar, in Galeri Salihara. Yes, Melissa, the lady behind Tulisan. I'm having a great expectation on her work in the exhibition because I adored Tulisan for years ago. 

The entrance: Opening remarks by Melissa

And besides, I was attending #17anTempo Merayakan Chairil Anwar on August 15th, but I didn't really enjoy it. It's not that the event was not good, no, it was good. You know, it was an outdoor event, with A LOT of people there, very packed and crowded. I could say that it was kinda like a concert for me and I never enjoyed that kind of thing. I was happy to meet all the Indonesian ministers and actors, it's just that the ambience was not so melodious that I expected, but they did a good poetry reading though. One thing kept me entertained, the sarcastic jokes they did lol yeah.

Abstract artworks and science-fictions in once

Eyegasm for a day

Back to Bio Fantasy thingy, I went there with two of my friends from UMN TV, Barnez and Rana, and also made up to meet my two junior high school sweethearts, Afu and Inne, at the Pasar Minggu Station. 

The research

Yes, I love Melissa's work, very impressive. I adore her. I think she already met Chairil before because I feel the connection. I'm loving the idea, the cells, the color, the handwriting, everything!

The red lens and the catalog

I mesmerized for quite a long time. Paying attention to all details, animates one by one. Even Inne, the one who never goes to such an exhibition like this admitted that it's interesting for her. Behind the beautiful artworks, there's a fragment sentence of Chairil's poetry. We can see it through the red lens we got at the entrance of the exhibition, as the installation that art is ambiguous, art is multi-interpretations. It was a very nice experience for me. 

One of my favorites

And I'm just as blushing as Melissa when I read this

I love how Melissa pours her honest and sincere heart in all and generate such a beauty. I stunned. She proves and answered herself the myth of Chairil Anwar, is he really the legendary Indonesian poet like everyone saying? Or is he simply a man who smokes like his well-known portrait?

Hail artists!

In addition to that, the gallery was so peaceful. It lets my mind go wild, serene, serene. And not to forget, i-n-s-p-i-r-a-t-i-o-n-. I got it, a lot.

Captured by Rana while I looked up to Kabar dari Laut

Melissa's strong passion in petite cells plus Chairil's rebellious-charismatic mind in poetries. Both of them merges so nicely, spreading out the marriage of their works so well. Love struck. All I can say, go see yourself. I even want to move the exhibition to my house so I can get eyegasm everytime I wake up.

It's a 8 years and still counting friendship!
(minus Maul and Vanda)
Left to right:
Afu-Inne-Me

UMN TV fellas!
Left to right:
Me-Barnez-Rana

We spent 3.5 hours at Galeri Salihara. It was worth to spare our time there and worth the pain of standing for so long in the train lol. Definitely a self-soothing treatment for me after a not-so-holiday activity at the campus that makes me very saturated. I'm relieved.

Good friends, good trip, good experience, I'm blessed that my friends from different places got a chance to know each other. Thank you my angels for the lovely day! Until our next one!

And a quote by Melissa as a closing of this post:


Toodles people!

No comments:

Post a Comment