Sunday, July 17, 2016

Train Ride, Walking, Daydreaming

Bogor has always been special in my heart, and now with this two.

Charlie's Angels.

On July 13, I went to Bogor for a one day trip with my friends, Ica and Fila. We got nothing prepared, we got no plan, and it was such an (un)expected day trip. We have no activity during this holiday so off we go!

Ica and Fila.

We went there by train and honestly, it was my first time experience. I have some train ride before to Yogyakarta, Malang, and Surabaya, but never once having a train ride to a close distance until that day. I actually thought that having a train ride will be fun, sitting peacefully while looking at the window and I was wrong! It was fun, but train in the beginning of the day was very packed, I didn't even have to hang on to anything because I wouldn't fall, since the distance between every person is like only an inch. Everyone on the train was like having a straight face while I got my tummy very tickled and I couldn't help myself to stop laughing. I'm beyond lucky having a chance to feel what I felt.


Tanah Abang Station, 7:35.

I'm amused by the ambience of a train station in the morning. Fila and I (since Ica was on the way because we departed in a different station) started imagining how we will survive next year when we begin our internship year. It must be interesting for us to be on a train from Monday to Friday, observing anyone who passes by, sniffing every smell (especially in a train when we get back home), and (hopefully) meeting a handsome young executive in our train ride (HMM, caps lock needed).

I love to see how everyone is in a rush.

Kebun Raya Bogor is our main destination. We would like to pamper our eyes with some greens, our nose breathing fresh air, and our soul to feel peace. After arriving at Bogor Station, we went to Pasar Bogor first to find the nice Soto Bogor Pak Yusuf by angkot, then continue our Soto Bogor searching by walking (a long walk, that's for sure, plus a hard sun exposure). Actually, our Bogor trip was all about walking. Walking, walking, walking, until we can't even feel our feet no more in the middle of the night after the trip lol. 

Istana Bogor.

Lost in a heaven of the trees.

You may think that I must've been to Kebun Raya Bogor a million times. Guess you're wrong because I actually think that day was my fifth time went there, no kidding, even though I spent my childhood in Bogor.

We had our girls' talk, daydreaming about something, literally quiet to having our mind lost in the atmosphere. And of course we took a lot of photos! You don't say, girls! 

Playing Pokémon Go be like.. Lol, no, I'm not playing it.

Behind the scene of pretending to play Pokémon Go.

Basically, we walked all around the Kebun Raya Bogor. We met all kinds of plants, people, not to mention we also found some graves. Turns out, Kebun Raya Bogor was relaxing. It was hot because the sun shines so bright that day, but at the same time cool and windy, feels like we got air conditioned. I got a lot of inspirations while I'm at Kebun Raya Bogor.

I'm enjoying my ice cream, 
as much as I'm enjoying my time with you.

Caption this; Drinking while Ica mouth watering (?)

My favorite part in Kebun Raya Bogor was Taman Meksiko! It was like a secret garden that you can access while in a wonderland of Mary Lennox. My mind started getting wild and imagine every single thing that I could.

Taman Meksiko.

Strike a pose with the (Creepy) Mexican (Statue) Guy.

Until the sun started to calm down, we ended up eating wood-grilled pizza in one famous cafe, Kedai Kita and spent our last minutes in Bogor there before going home.

We headed to the Bogor Station around 18:00 and (died) waiting, transit, train ride until around 22:00 to finally touch down Tangerang. It was all because the train got electrical shorting. 

Again, I like to pay some attention to anyone I met at the station. Train stations during the night were more interesting than in the morning. Their facial expressions, their gestures, were interesting to look at. The train rails, the clock, the schedule board, the vending machine at the station, were like cheering up all the train passengers. They were shouting to each other while passenger were grinning all by themselves at their smartphone. What's on their mind, what's the feeling of being home late, guess I will find out the answer next year.

It was a very nice experience, really, to have a train ride, walking and daydreaming all day long with friends, eating out, observing places. I'm looking for another trip with the girls, shall we? And I'm also looking for a bus ride for sure! It must be as interesting as taking a train ride, right? I can't hardly wait!

Ica and Fila, thank you for the one day trip. I'm grateful :)

Cheers,


Gendis.

No comments:

Post a Comment