Friday, June 3, 2016

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Hi!

Lots of people asking why do I use the word wallflower as my identity on the internet. It comes to the definition of the word itself.

Source: Tumblr

Based on Oxford Dictionary, the definition is

wallflower (informal)
: a shy or excluded person at a dance or a party, especially a girl without a partner

When people meet me for the first time, I tend to be quiet. I don't want to talk much and I'm just gonna observe around. Also, when I'm in a discussion or a meeting, I will keep my mind talking to itself and just paying attention to all the things that come out of others' mouth. Am having my very own debate, questioning and answering myself, and I don't really seem interested. Actually, not only at the first meeting, but it takes a long time for me to reveal my true sight and getting used to hang with.

Not that I'm not comfortable to be in a crowd or something, I do feel comfortable though, I just feel better when I stay alone and looking around in a crowd. So that I can clearly see what happen, what kind of people I met, what the situation is. I'm analyzing my very own opinion about what I see in the place. I see things and I can keep quiet and I understand things and that's incredible. 

Source: Pinterest

Being alone is tremendous at some point. It's not that you're lonely or not having somebody to rely on, but being alone is how I appreciate myself to have a time to do anything in a positive way. Being alone at both times, when in a crowd or when I am literally alone by myself. Especially when it comes with perspectives, having no fear of being judged and feeling free. It's not that I'm having a very high self disclosure, picky, or something. I socialize with all kinds of people, indiscriminate. I can be very open about myself to certain people that I trust or having the "it" factor like I already know they gonna be my kind of people. 

And that it is, ladies and gentlemen.

Cheers,

Gendis.

No comments:

Post a Comment