Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Cooking Gendis #3: Steamed Banana Cake


If you haven't got an update, my oven is broken and the electricity at home is unstable. Well, pretty much as broken and unstable as me HAHA but yeah my life has been so empty without an oven. You know, baking is one of my coping mechanisms, that's what.

So, I calmed myself down and made this banana cake with a stove a.k.a steamed banana cake!

RECIPE
2 large bananas
7 tbsp castor sugar
10 tbsp melted butter or cooking oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
11 tbsp cassava flour or all-purpose flour
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


INSTRUCTIONS
1. Mash the bananas.


2. Add eggs and mix until smooth.


3. Stir in the sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Whisk the flour, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Mix with the wet ingredients.


5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, add chocolate, nuts, or any topping that you like.


6. Steam for 1 hour.


It tasted simple, but good, and mine was gone in 3 hours, eaten up by me and my mom. Let me know if you have tried the recipe! If you substitute the sugar with brown sugar and add pandan leaves, it will become Apem Pisang.

Love,
Cooking Gendis.

No comments:

Post a Comment