Thursday, February 23, 2017

The End

"What comes up in mind when you hear a sound of a door close?" told him, more like a murmur from his honey-coated lips. I barely heard what comes out of his mouth.

Wind swings around my ears, the birds chirping and it sounds like they sing, being a choir of our warm conversations in the edge of twilight. The questions hanging, we managed ourselves not to look at each other, but staring at the blue sky and still searching for the whitest cloud. The sky and clouds, the colors that we always adored. I know myself that he always questioned everything, and that's what makes my mind stolen at the very first time, or heart. 

"Do you like endings?"

And here you go, straight forward to what he means. He likes to metaphor, everything, even his deep as an ocean eyes. It's just his thing and never changed a bit, mystical creature with the sweetest look.

"How can I like endings when I often stereotype it as sad things. Just so you know."

I cannot be more honest than that. I've experienced endings my whole life, and I believed he had the same thing. Why should I give myself a respect for such an experience then?

He smiled. The worth-a-thousand-meanings smile that he always preserved. The smell of coffee poking our noses, tickle our lickings to drink. He sips his coffee in a tiny cup, the bitter liquid tastes fantastic. I've tried to distract my mind with any little thing I caught, but I couldn't. Yes, it's the situation where he just stared me right in the eyes while I'm doing nothing, but stared at him too.

"You know, we meet endings everyday and I kinda love it," he continued, " why don't we change our point of view and giving a chance to embrace endings? I like to explore things, and ending is such a thing."

"And why is it matter?"

"Because endings are actually heading you to new beginnings, new doors open. When we touchdown to endings, it means we have to be ready to face new things, which should be exciting." He blinked and continued, "Imagine your mind as a garden. You managed your consciousness as a fertilizer to make sure all things in tune with your intellectual standards which seen as flowers. When the flowers died, you come out to buy seeds and plant some new ones, then keep it with a good quality of fertilizer so the flowers stays."

I sighed. He always brings out the positivity of everything, which I actually admired. 

"So what's with the garden thingy? Are you trying to be a gardener now?"

"It's all the matter of preparation, darling, mentally. Endings makes us learn and grow. Night comes as an ending, then comes morning. It leads us to appreciate every single time and thing we have, so we do need endings. For me, endings radiate something more than just a twist of life. You just have to take courage to feel it."

"And do you want me to be your ending?"

"If being with you gonna take me to new beginning forever, then yes. You're gonna be my favorite daily-ending."

Whimsical feelings and he seems to enjoy. I realized that it's night already, and it becomes starry. 

"Do you like it now?" asked him.

"Very much with a cherry on top."

And it just ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment